The 2019 BC Tourism Industry Conference will be offering an Adopt-A-Student Program with the goals of:
- Ensuring more BC tourism students attend the conference
- Ensuring these scholars begin their professional networking as early as possible
- Assisting in connecting BC tourism students with prospective employers
- Ensuring that the tourism students of today are prepared to assume the leadership positions within our industry in the future
- Building career-long attendees of the conference
Students wishing to apply for sponsored registration to the BC Tourism Industry Conference must be enrolled in a full-time tourism program in British Columbia.
Students must either be a TIABC member ($25 annual fee), or affiliated with the following institutions with are TIABC members:
- Capilano University
- Douglas College
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Okanagan College
- Royal Roads University
- Vancouver Community College
Sponsorship covers the conference registration, but does not include transportation to/from the host location or accommodation during the event.
All interested students will be asked to complete an Adopt-A-Student Request Form confirming their availability to attend the conference and explain their interest in being sponsored. TIABC will work with all sponsors to choose successful applicants.
Adopt-A-Student Program Timelines
- December and January – finalize the number of sponsorships available
- January – Promote program to BC tourism educational institutions
- February – finalize students and match with sponsors
If you are interested in participating, please contact TIABC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you! #BCTourismMatters